The scourge of working life … the long bloated meeting
Have you been in a bloated meeting where:
- the salary cost of participants far outweighs any potential outcome or
- the meeting runs far over time or important items are not fully considered?
These common problems erode productivity and sap the energy of the workplace.
- “An estimated 25-50% of all meeting time is considered wasted” (Harvard Business School and the London School of Economics, 2010)
- “[of the]11 million meetings that occur in the U.S. every day” office workers feel that more than half the time is wasted. (Opinion Matters, for Epson and the Centre for Economics & Business Research, May 2012)
- “Unnecessary meetings cost U.S. businesses approximately $37 billion each year.” (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2005)
Meeting costs quickly add up e.g. a weekly two hour meeting of 15 people is approximately the salary cost of another person (read more).
A solution … Meeting TaxieMeter
The Meeting TaxiMeter app will help you make small improvements in your meetings which will result in big cost savings e.g. either of the following will save about $7000 per year:
- reducing the length of a 15 person weekly meeting by 10 minutes or
- inviting one less person to a 2 hour weekly meeting
The Meeting TaxiMeter app helps meeting organisers and participants better manage meetings by displaying the meeting time and cost (based on the number of participants and approximate salary), and a meeting countdown timer … it will help you run your meetings like clockwork.
Using the Meeting TaxiMeter app
There are currently two versions:
- the “Meeting TaxiMeter” Office app is available in the Office app store (free) which you can display next to your agenda or minutes in Word or meeting invitation in Outlook. To use the Office app in Word open the Insert tab then select Store (more information on using an app in Word, more on using an app in Excel)
- a web app which will display on any internet device (desktop computer, flaptop, tablet, or smartphone)
And we support our app
We are proud of our app and offer the following types of support:
Your Privacy and Terms of Service